Glenn Ashmore

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 May 2005 17:41:25 GMT, "Roger Long" said:

It's not that the lunch isn't free that I'm complaining about. It's
paying for it twice.

Coupla ways to solve that. First, turn over the entire operation,
including
the forecasting, to private enterprise. If that doesn't appeal, put
guvmint
distribution of the forecasts (radio transmission and the computer
software
"voice" reading the information) in private hands. In either case you're
only paying once to have the information created and distributed. But
you're
removing the inefficiencies of (i) guvmint employees, and (ii) union work
rules.

That is the absolute last thing the private services want. They get their
raw material for free now. Why would they want to pay for launching
hundreds of weather balloons a day, staffing weather observation stations
arlond the country and maintaining satellites and weather bouys. They would
much rather us tax payers pay for that.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com