Glenn Ashmore

There's an old saying. "You get what you pay for."

As a sailor who listens to NOAA weather radio and has listened
for many years, I can tell you NOAA weather radio has become
next to useless. It used to be something accurate and reliable.
Now, it's become inaccurate and unreliable. They can't even
predict wind speed and direction accurately anymore.

Cheers,
gangplank

If you have the intelligence to understand what you are listening to the
NOAA weather is very good. Accuweather and the other private services get
99.9% of their information from the NWS for free. We have used private
services in the past on deliveries to Tortola. Except for Clark's Gulf
Stream analysis (which was excellent) info all we got from the other service
was just a rehash of the NWS data.

And to Rich, Mr. Santorum, like many others in congress is simply trying to
give one of his constituents and campaign donors, Pennsylvania based
Accuweather a present. It will not save a dime nor will it produce any
significant income for the government. The private services will still
receive the data for a fraction of what it costs us, the tax payers. The
way the bill is written even the FAA would have to buy the weather data from
private services. Supposedly the NWS could still issue warnings for
tornados and hurricanes but if the VHF weather radio and web service goes
away, how are they going to do it?

Has anyone suggested that we do away with the post office because FedEx is a
private company? The whole idea is assinine. Even his home town newspaper
is saying it is an idiotic idea.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com