Doug Kanter

Default Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

You're talking about the military. They need more people, so their

solution
snip
disregard ignorant rant.

Ya think? :-)

Five years ago, my neighbor's 18 year old nephew decided that more than
anything, he wanted to graduate from fixing cars, something he can do
blindfolded, to working on sexy fighter jets. But, he's ridiculously
nearsighted, so Air Force recruiters here (Rochester) told him he couldn't
join. He ended up having his congressman investigate, and found there was no
such exclusion for the job the kid was hoping for. The erroneous recruiters
wasted a year of the kid's life before being corrected. When I was 18, I
inquired about flying jets and was told the same thing about eyesight, but
at least that makes sense in the case of a pilot.