David Flew

The only think I've seen suffer damage from being too strong is some very
high temperature stuff. Bond it.

Having said that, if you absolutely HAD to remove the arch for any reason,
how and where would you cut it and subsequently replace it - given that the
final strength / stiffness would only need to match the "bolting" option .

Bond it and be damned.

David

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

Bond it. The next owner may not move it overland. YOU'RE
the owner - not the future one.

Evan Gatehouse

I was hoping you would chime in. I was already leaning towards bonding
but my intestinal fortitude needed some reinforcement. :-)

The arch is carbon composite and very stiff. Bonding will spread any
shock load over a much wider area and I can't concieve of me ever
transporting the boat after it hits the water. .

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com