Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin

I'll second the Makita recommendation. I've a Makita 9.6 volt drill I've
been using at home and at work for 15 years. I've had to buy new batteries
several times and replace the switch once. While the design voltage and
type (NiCad vs. Nickel Metal Hydride? etc.) of batteries have changed over
the years, Makita has continued to make batteries for my drill and has
allowed for backwards compatibility on their chargers. In other words I can
walk up to any Makita charger that is the same vintage as mine or any newer
model charger and put my old battery in it and it will fit, set to the
correct voltage and type and charge it. Very handy.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in message
I've had great luck with Makita.
"Roger Long" wrote in message
I've been soured on cordless tools by my experience with screw drivers.
They always seem to feep out about 3/4 of the way through the job.
Whenever I go to buy new batteries, they tell me that those batteries

have
now been discontinued and I'll have to buy a whole new screwdriver,
charger, and battery set. Now, you can't even get a convenient size

with
separate batteries.

Sounds like the larger cordless tools may be better. Maybe it 's time

cut the cord.

--

Roger Long