Brian Whatcott

On Sun, 1 May 2005 12:49:44 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

I have finally got the traveler arch fitted perfectly to it's pads but now I
am having some doubts before I bond it in place. From the bottom of the
keel to the top of the arch will be 15'4". Set on a Brownell trailer with
the keel on a drop bar the road height will be right at 16'2". Without the
arch the height would be 13'4". As the beam is 14' it will have to get an
oversize permit anyway but anything over 13'6" is charged extra by most
movers.

This is not really a problem for me as the keel will not go on until the
boat is at the launch site but it will be if sometime down the road another
owner wants to transport it. Especially through states with 16' bridge
clearances.

The question is, do I bond the arch to the hull and just leave the moving
problem to the next owner 20 years from now or bolt it on so it can be
removed? Obviously bonding will be much stronger.

You are talking of the choice between
adding market value by increasing the reasonable transport radius of a
prospective sale
vs
some present sense of increased strength of a structural part of your
love-child.

If you were not interested in maximizing perceived value you would not
have sweated the many details already.

So I am sure which option you will finally settle on.
The message just has not yet arrived at your consciousness.
Yet.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK