Evan Gatehouse

Adam wrote:
Hi

Thanks for replies to my earlier posting about securing my new fairleads. I
have managed to gain access to underneath the relevant bit of the boat, so I
can hopefully do a proper job viz a vis backing plates. Is it ok to use
stainless nuts and bolt with aluminium - if not, what should I use?

TIA

Yes, if you don't mind a semi-permanent connection

Use TEF-GEL (NOT Tuf-Gel) and the bolts won't become one
with the aluminum. If this is an aluminum backing pad and
not a cast aluminum fairlead you're talking about, then just
drill oversize holes.

Evan Gatehouse