Jim Conlin

If the design is such that you can bolt it and beef it up with some compact
(carbon uni?) scabbing that can be later ground away if the need arises, i'd
lean that way.
But, Glenn, i expect that you've already done a primo job of finishing the
parts. That'll teach you. ;-)
Jim
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I have finally got the traveler arch fitted perfectly to it's pads but now

am having some doubts before I bond it in place. From the bottom of the
keel to the top of the arch will be 15'4". Set on a Brownell trailer with
the keel on a drop bar the road height will be right at 16'2". Without

the
arch the height would be 13'4". As the beam is 14' it will have to get an
oversize permit anyway but anything over 13'6" is charged extra by most
movers.

This is not really a problem for me as the keel will not go on until the
boat is at the launch site but it will be if sometime down the road

another
owner wants to transport it. Especially through states with 16' bridge
clearances.

The question is, do I bond the arch to the hull and just leave the moving
problem to the next owner 20 years from now or bolt it on so it can be
removed? Obviously bonding will be much stronger.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com