Bill McKee

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 May 2005 00:56:14 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

The only thermal runaway I have ever personally witnessed was an
industrial application in which temperature extremes caused a
situation

In truth, the only thermal runaways I have ever witnessed were nicad
batteries designed for starting turbine engines......

.... not unheard of, but quite spectacular...

lead-acid explosions, I think, fall into another category...

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

The only lead-acid battery explosion I ever witnessed was about 42 years ago
and I removed the charger from the spare jumper battery at the service
station I worked in. Small spark, big bang. Luckily the battery blew out
the side away from me.