Shortwave Sportfishing

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:50:17 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On 26 Apr 2005 08:59:39 -0700, (Markus
Fischer) wrote:

I wonder if anybody can help me on this...

Which type of Minn Kota Transom-Mount should I choose for the
following boat:

440 pounds, 14.5 feets

I am thinking of a Vector or a Maxxum model.

Do I need a 24V or a 12V motor?

I will buy probably anyway two batteries. I have read that the 24V
needs less Ampere. Will the 24V model run as long as the 12V model,
longer or less longer? How long will it run approximately anyway?

For this usage, there really isn't any advantage to a 24 VDc trolling
motor other than using half the amperage. A 30lb thrust Endura will
push that boat fine, thus not a real problem.

If you are going to buy two batteries, connect them in parallel.
You'll have the same voltage, but more available amps - in theory, it
should add an additional 1/3 to 1/2 the original run time - anywhere
from 1 to 2 hours of run time. The other advantage is that the draw
down won't be as dramatic.

Make that 1 to 2 hours of additional run time without much draw down.

I need to edit myself more. :)

Later,

Tom