Stephen Trapani

A number of months ago I began my search for a sailboat. I am an upper
Chesapeake sailor who, a few years down the road, will do some coastal

Hi,

Last year I bought a 33', '79 Hunter Cherubini. It's had a number of the
sort of "minor" problems you'd expect in a 25 year old boat, Bad shaft
and prop, 3 rusted out motor mounts, Deck leaks, all broken port lights
(which still hold out the rain though), etc etc, but then I only paid
$7500 for it.

The Yanmar 2QM15 seems to provide more than enough power, though I
haven't tried it yet in a heavy blow, and still seems to be running fine
after some tuning and so forth. Don't know how many hours it has on it,
all the gauges were out. Purrs like a kitten at higher RPMs. Still
starts rough, but getting better the more I use it.

I haven't officially single handed it yet, but I have practiced doing so
with others on board. I can maneuver around the marina very well, turn
on a dime, and after hopping off onto the dock, pull her into the slip
by hand with relative ease.

You can find these in much better shape than mine was if you're not into
all the repairs. I recommmend them.

Stephen