Armond Perretta

As a somewhat experienced "singlehander" [Islander 29'] I would
advise you that you can single-hand almost any boat. But there's a
couple of things that make it much simpler & safer. First of all
try to stay under about 32' feet,,,, any bigger than that and the
sail area gets too big to handle comfortably ...

Point taken.

I have been single-handing a 28 footer since 1981. Never considered a
bigger boat. A friend of mine sailed a boat just like mine for a number of
years, later deciding that 40 feet was "just right." He sold the 28 and
bought into a lovely Bristol 40 (and I mean lovely). Then the boat sat for
a very long time, other than when he could round up crew (not often).

The boat is now on the market and my friend is looking for something under
30
feet. Unfortunately his is not a rare case.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat