Robert or Karen Swarts

I have used my 30 lb Minnkota on various boats all around 16'. It is the 12
volt Endura model. With a single deep-cycle battery, it pushes them close to
4 mph for close to three hours. This will also depend strongly on the actual
amp-hour rating of the battery. The higher the amp-hour rating, the longer.
The more advanced motors with pulse width modulation controllers would run
considerably longer at lower power settings. Theoretically there is no
difference in longevity or power just based on voltage. However, in practice
there is slightly less voltage drop on any connecting cables and the
internal windings with the 24 volt set up meaning that slightly more of the
energy stored in the battery reaches the motor.

BS

"Markus Fischer" wrote in message
om...
I wonder if anybody can help me on this...

Which type of Minn Kota Transom-Mount should I choose for the
following boat:

440 pounds, 14.5 feets

I am thinking of a Vector or a Maxxum model.

Do I need a 24V or a 12V motor?

I will buy probably anyway two batteries. I have read that the 24V
needs less Ampere. Will the 24V model run as long as the 12V model,
longer or less longer? How long will it run approximately anyway?

Thanks for any advice!
Markus