Richard J Kinch

Shortwave Sportfishing writes:

One, I don't want a stranger to contact me - of what possible use
would that be?

That's your situation; Usenet was collegial for about the first 15 years,
and in academic subjects, etc, it was a great way to meet strangers with
similar interests.

Two, many of my old friends are still friends and those who do keep in
touch have my email address and have for years. So what's the point?

I suppose it depends on how wide your circle of friends is, and how long
you've been accumulating them, but in my case, I hear rather frequently
from old chums or casual associates who lost track (or never kept it) and
want to re-establish correspondence.

By the way, nice looking website you have.

Thank you.

http://www.truetex.com/