Rosalie B.

Tamaroak wrote:

Next month I'm bringing a trawler with a 4' draft up the coast of New
Jersey. I've read some information stating that most avoid the ICW and
run the outside. I'm wondering what the best way to go and why people do
this, the draft, bad scenery, hassles with the markings?

How about that section betweewn Little Egg Inlet and Manasquan Inlet;
that looks pretty easy....

And what would be some good anchorages or marinas along there?

Thanks

Capt. Jeff

My understanding - based on zero personal experience - is that the New
Jersey ICW is not maintained with regard to depth OR markings and that
there are some low level fixed bridges. It looks like there's one on
that stretch that's 35 feet. Also if the bascule bridges don't open
much they may require 24 hours notice or maybe they don't open at all
anymore.

grandma Rosalie