John H

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:49:21 GMT, Dan Krueger
wrote:

It has nothing to do with "courage" and why are you using a Yahoo email
address yourself, Jim?

Mine is mildly altered. Anyone with a brain can figure it out. The
"spambots" hopefully can't. Not only did I get a crapload of spam
before, but I also picked up a virus of some sort that would send emails
from my address to people all over the world - most bounced back so I
knew they weren't from me but I was dealing with 60+ returned emails at
the time. No one needs to deal with that.

The bottom line is that this is a public newsgroup for discussion about
boats and boating and no one really needs to know anyone's real email
address anyway. Recently the remailer(s) is/are a pain in the ass since
they seem to be trolling or bashing and have nothing to add to the group.

Dan

I posted mine here for a while. My spam went way up. Also, I began receiving
emails from individuals in the group with whom I didn't care to communicate
privately.

If private communication is desired or desirable, there are ways.
--
John H