Gogarty

In article . com,
says...

Actually Captain Brown was not only on watch he was on the bridge and
ignoring advice from his XO and the Quartermaster at the time.

-Ben-
Volunteer
USS Missouri (BB-63)

Thanks for setting me straight. It was a long time ago.

I visited the Missouri when she made a courtesy call at Marblehead,
Mass., immediately after the war. Must have been 1946. Very, very
impressive. Not much security in those days. A friend of mine made off
with a hand grenade in a cardboard container, then went around town
showing it to his friends. He was ejected from everyone's house instantly
and eventually the cops showed up and retrieved the hand grenade. He was
not taken into custody (nor was I for shooting out street lights with my
..22 -- took the gun away and told me I could have it back if I came with
my father to the police station. I think they still have it.) Anyway, my
friend eventually graduated from Annapolis, became a flyer and retired as
a Captain. What do you suppose will become of the five-year-old girl they
handcuffed in Florida?