Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security

On 13 Jan 2004 15:01:06 GMT, (Capt Lou) wrote:

When the Coast Guard was transfered into the Department of Homeland Security,
so was the Coast Guard Auxiliary. Now all auxiliarists have to be
fingerprinted, and if they want to volunteer as crew or for other jobs, they
have to pass a security background and criminal check.

I don't have a problem with that. If I were a member, I would want to
have a background check and those around me to have the same - it's
not like any idiot with a $100 bucks can't find out anything anyway.

Besides, "Homeland Security" is giong to require more volunteers not
less and that's a good way to provide port security, patrols and what
not.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT