Richard J Kinch

Gene Kearns writes:

I post with directions to find my true email address, but when I use
my email address in the clear (so to speak) I get tons of SPAM.

It is very desirable to have one email address for life.

Once your address gets publicized, it is immediately propagated to every
spam list, and stays there.

Keeping your address secret doesn't work, and spoils a key benefit of
having email, which is to hear from new people.

Changing your email address frequently (more than once in a lifetime) is
likewise a worse problem. Having to update your correspondents (and having
to read their updates) is a huge waste, and proportional to N**2 of your
circle. It becomes a kind of spam in itself.

You have to think these things through. Think of what happens in the
extreme.