Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in message

Since I stopped using a valid email address on Usenet, which was about
five years ago, I haven't had the excessive spam that most get. And
forget the *remove-me* type tactics - the spam bot crawlers on Usenet
are much more intelligent than they were in the past.

Same here. For many years I posted a valid email address on posts to this
newsgroup and saw the number and frequency of unwanted spam increase
dramatically in email. I finally (and reluctantly) began to spoof the email
address in the newsgroup setup and the number of spam email gradually
diminished to the point where now I rarely get anything I am not expecting.

The valid email address was back when this newsgroup was much more civil and
sane. Sure, there were the OT debates and Bayliner bashing, but all in all
the group was enjoyable to participate in and often contained some genuine
humor. It's sad to witness how rec.boats has deteriorated to what it is
today in a few short years.

Oh well. Off to visit the boats tomorrow, do some spring cleaning and stock
the refrigerators.

Eisboch