Anchor

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:49:51 -0700, Steve wrote:

"Anchor" wrote in message
news Ask the US government. Get
it in writing. Write them a letter and they will respond with a written
letter or document detailing how to clear into the USA.

As much as I would like to "get it in writing", I'm now short on time. I
leave in about a month for the Inside Passage.

I guess I will stop and "clear out" at Roche Hbr before crossing over into
Canada. That is where I was planning to pay the $25 boat permit. (correct me
if I'm wrong.)

You got it backwards. The news group post was for entering the US from
Canada.