Steve

Default US Customs & Imagration border changes!!

I heard, a couple weeks ago, about immigration changes for crossing into the
US from Canada and Mexico. These new requirements will eventually require a
passport by 2007.

Now, I hear something on the new about US Customs has eliminated the "Call
In" method of clearing into the US when arriving by boat. I'm not sure I
heard this correctly and wonder if this is just being "phased" in or is it
in effect for this summers boating season.

I also noted in this news report, that they still are requiring the $25
annual customs permit for boaters (no mention of RVers).

I would welcome an update on the customs clearance changes.

--
Steve
s/v Good Intentions