Heikki

Default Crazy design project

Hi,

I have a crazy design project, for which I would like to hear critical
comments from this newsgroup.

The project is about designing a small schooner, about 7 meters (21'). It
all started last summer when we (me and my father Lauri) started to wonder
about a really small ship, as opposed to a large boat. A design project got
started, and is still going strong. We may never build the boat, but at
least we want to design it properly, and learn as much as we can in the
process...

The thing is still very much under work, but I think it is ready enough to
let the world look at it - if nothing else, then for the comical value. We
have opened a web site for it, using a wiki, so if you like, you are more
than welcome to register as a user and write your comments directly on the
pages. I would also appreciate any and all comments by mail, or in this
newsgroup.

The project can be found at
http://schooner.lsd.dk

As with most web sites, this is somewhat out of date - the design is still
somewhat fluid, and things change faster than we can update the pages.
Currently Lauri is drawing the hull one more time, with more eye on a
plywood construction, and I am tuning the rig. The details of all of this
will change a lot, but the main lines should be in place now.

Looking forward to your comments!

Heikki