IBNFSHN

You will be wasting your time rebuilding those carbs unless you get rid of
all that old fuel. If it were me, I'd add the appropriate amount of Sea
Foam.(available at most auto parts stores) Then run it until you get rid of
most of that fuel. Refuel, and then if you still have problems, rebuild the
carbs.

..
"KSB-VA" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have twin 5.7 mercuisers. I did not use them last year. There was
about 60gal of 18month old gas in it. I added watersorb a few times
last year. When dewinterizing it this year I added an octane booster
and topped it of with 60gal of fresh 89 gas. I also added the Penzoil
marine fuel system cleaner. I changed all fuel filters and water
seperation filters. Both engines will start and run but there still
appears to be a fuel issue. Port engine seems to run fine but will
stall when idling/no wake. Starboard engine has problems out of the
hole. It sounds like it is not getting enough gas.

Both engines ran fine when I closed it down for the 2003 season. It
seems to be the carb's on both engines. Is there a way to clean them
properly or may they need to be rebuilt or purchase rebuilt ones?

thanks in advance.