NOYB

Default Starting a new newsgroup?

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
The "Gang of Seven" should go to jail for 90-days, and see if it improves
rec.boats.
There are seven personalities here causing most of the trouble. While the
number of people involved in the general ruckus certainly exceeds seven,

it is
my opinion that the following posters, (listed in alphabetical order), are
primarily responsible for the increasingly nasty tone and OT content of
rec.boats. Others not listed below are merely co-dependent:

Gould0738: May know a little about boats, but contributes to general

chaos.
Starts few OT threads, but participates freely. Encourages the liberals

and p's
off the conservatives. He can be extremely vindictive. Seldom wins or

loses
graciously. This reckless, maverick, self centered personality bends

and/or
disregards most rules that others rely on to establish social structure.

His
free-for-all attitudes are generally incompatible with the NG format.

Harry Krause: A perpetual troublemaker who views rec.boats as a personal
playground. Talks "down" to everybody even when not trying to do so. A

major
originator of OT posts. In common with the other members of the gang of

seven,
he puts his own need to express opinions and
argue points above the general welfare of the group.

Jim: Has appeared in rec.boats as at least two separate personalities,

both of
them
extremely combative. Contributes to the negative atmosphere by firing off

cheap
insults at posters he disagrees with. Has very little actual boating
experience, and virtually never contributes anything on topic. Once said

"I
come to rec.boats just to stir up trouble. I go elsewhere for real boating
newsgroups".

jps: A relentless cutter-and-paster of newspaper articles critical of

George
Bush
and the right wing in general. Possibly feels that his behavior is

justified
because of the ready audience he finds in the NG.
A source of much of the OT material in the NG.

Karen Smith: owns all or part of a boatyard
in Australia. Visits rec.boats primarily to argue and call names. When the
group was more on-topic, she demonized everyone (else) involved in the

marine
business. Now that the group has devolved to more off-topic material, she

has
decided that she's really a displaced American conservative (and that the

evil
enemies are all the liberals in the world), so the names and the flames

can
continue undiminished.

NOYB: A fledgling dentist from Naples, FLA,

When do you stop being a "fledgling"? I figure 5 years in my own practice
qualifies me as more than a "fledgling".

who is listed as a participant in a
few dozen newsgroups.

Half a dozen. Tops.

Not sure he owns a boat.

Currently own two. Both are Boston Whalers...a 17' and a 25'. Previously
owned a grady 23 Gulfstream, 13 Whaler and a 22' Whaler.

Never posts on topic.

Not here, anyhow. Well...sometimes.

He is the
counter-point to jps, cutting and pasting general news articles favorable

George Bush and the right wing in general. Most honest,

Thanks! ;-)

and likely the most
extreme of all rec.boats conservatives.

I dunno about that. Clams has been pretty extreme lately...but I'm trying.

A major author of OT threads.

Just when I'm bored.

Geez, Gould...
You're tougher on yourself than on the other people you mention.

BTW--next time you descibe Harry, it'd be prudent to include the word
"Narcissist" if you really want your bio to be complete and accurate.

Also, you left out basskisser:
Karate Kid wannabe living in Atlanta, who has posted here under 5 or 6
different names. Claims he's a PE who works for himself, but is probably
unemployed and living with his parents. Thinks he's Bruce Lee, and has
challenged every conservative off-topic poster here to a fight. Has no clue
how to follow a thread, and consistently posts off-topic of even the
off-topic threads. When cornered like a rat, resorts to name-calling.