John H

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:50:43 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:47:56 -0400, John H
wrote:

John,

If you do a global search on this vandal, you'll see that he is
posting with more than the keyword(s) you suggest...

I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of accomplishing the results of
the fraud that he seeks to perpetrate, anyway....

It is time a lot of the posters on this newsgroup get out of the
sandbox that they frequented when they were 4 years old and just stop
throwing sand ....

...childish...

Well, it seemed like the guy was just copying the various forms that Harry uses.
I've got several forms filtered, like:

HKrause
HaKrause
HarryKrause
Harry Krause
Harry Kruase
"Harry Krause"

If and when Harry changes his name, and the copycat follows, I just add them.
It's only a matter of a couple clicks with Agent.

I don't know if Agent maintains a log of filtered messages. I know Harry, the
real one, used to tell the group what messages he'd 'killfiled', who they were
from, and what they said. I guess that's the difference between a 'kill file'
and a 'filter'. A kill file must just be a place where messages are kept that
one wants to read later. A filter keeps the message headers from ever reaching
your computer in the first place (I think). Hell, maybe I've got some huge file
somewhere with all the filtered Krause messages therein!

As far as missing any boating info from Harry, I've found that there are many
people on the group with more knowledge anyway. You, Tom, Chuck, Eisbach, Calif
Bill, Paul, Wayne, etc. (I've probably left out a bunch -- Sorry!)

In other words, by filtering as I've done I don't think I'm missing much good
stuff, and I *know* I'm missing a lot of trash talk. It's a worthwhile tradeoff.

--
John H