Harry Krause

Default Starting a new newsgroup?

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:06:28 -0500, "Lee Yeaton"
wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

I appreciate the warning but I have moderated before and I am doing it now,
it isn't that bad. I have to read the discussions each day, which I do
anyway, and sort through the bad stuff. The group is pretty well behaved.
Occasionally there are some bad apples, but I just got rid of them.

In the past I moderated on a very large Jeep site and there were a lot of
times that I had to consult other mods, but since I was already reading the
boards it wasn't to bad.

Then be my guest if you know what you are getting into. ;)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test

There is no shortage of moderated bulletin boards dealing with all
aspects of boating. Several of these are quite nice. I read and
participate regularly in two of them.

This newsgroup starting going down the drain when the rabid attack dogs,
Skipper and Karen Smith, starting inserting themselves into virtually
every discussion with hair-splitting nonsense. Ms. Smith has played the
attack dog around here for years, and has literally chased off many
posters who had valuable contributions to make with her incessant
attacks on them and their ideas. As these quality posters left, their
places at the table were taken by the right-wing BORG, who feel it
necessary to assimilate the world.

Not everyone is as thick-skinned as I am, nor should they have to be.

--
Email sent to is never read.