Bill Kiene

Default St. Johns River houseboat rentals

Hi John,

I heard good things about those people and their boats. I am looking into it
myself as my grandkids now live near Orlando.

They also have small very stable Honda outboard powered fiberglass Carolina
skiffs for rent that you can drag along for fishing.

I know they said they get bugs in the summer.

If you go please give us all a report here.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

"John Wentworth" wrote in message
I'm considering the rental of a houseboat on the St. Johns River in
February/March (The St Johns River in Florida, not the St John in Maine.
It's a houseboat, not an icebreaker) There seems to be several marinas

that
rent these units, in lengths from 38 feet up. For a 44 footer w/2 bedrooms
(sorry, staterooms) it's about $2K/week plus gas and supplies.
I've looked at Holly Bluff Marina and River Adventures websites, and
requested brochures. Does anyone here have experience with these companies
or others? Any suggestions for this trip?