Lee Yeaton

Default Starting a new newsgroup?

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On 13 Jan 2004 01:42:00 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

snips

Gould has hit on the sticking point.... Your investment in $$$ is
*MUCH* less than your investment in time is going to be. By that, I
mean that it just won't work if you don't act as moderator. That I
not be considered a censorship Nazi, I would suggest that you have at
least two areas. One for boating content and another for general
topics (read that, flames and OT political bovine scatology). Rather
than censor the offending person, just move the offensive post to the
"other" category and allow those enamored of hurling feces to have at
it in their own private domain.

Again, consider this well, as it *WILL* be a significant commitment of
time and effort.

There could be many different categories for discussion. The software I use
for my message board is almost limitless. Of course I would have an O.T.
area.

I sure wouldn't attempt this myself. I would set it up but there would have
to be other people to help moderate it. I could monitor one category but
others would need to help. All these people wanting a new group could help
vote in some moderators. If people want a good boating group they can help
make one.

I do enough on the Internet now with all my sites that this would not be an
inconvenience.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.thebayguide.com