Brian Nystrom

Garland Gray II wrote:
Ervin, are you speaking to epoxy resin as opposed to epoxy paint? It is
understood that epoxy resin needs to be protected from uv.
However David said his epoxy paint is getting chalky. I have experienced
the same thing w/ Poly Poxy, which surprised me.
I thought the pigment protected the epoxy. I can't see covering white epoxy
paint w/ varnish.

The pigment protects the underlying finish, but it can't protect the
surface. The good news is that a light sanding to remove the UV damaged
surface is probably all that's necessary prior to painting. Paint it
with something other than epoxy and you won't have the same problem again.