William R. Watt

William R. Watt ) writes:

The PL Premium is worked into the fibre. Photos at www.sinmplicityboats.com.
I tried PL Premium and fabric butt blocks but they were week. The cured
patches broke before the wood spilt. Seam fillets would be thicker and
stronger. David Beede's tests look convincing.

I should add that plywood butt blocks held on with PL Premium using
weigths during curing have shown no indication of letting go. Also 1/2
inch thick spruce skids attached to the outside bottom with PL Premium,
using the temporary wood screw technique for curing, are doing fine.

These are lightweight 11 and 12 foot plywood boats stored indoors over the
winter.

I've used the ordinary PL Premium, not the cement bonding type D Beede is
trying.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm