It's a new year!

Default Starting a new newsgroup?

there is already a "alt.boats" group on many servers. It might be easier to
just get those who want to discuss boating to use alt.boats and turn
rec.boats over to the OT crowd.

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:07:37 -0500, "Lee Yeaton"
wrote:

"QLW" wrote in message
It's plainly obvious that this newsgroup has become almost useless as a
boating forum. Rec.cruising, rec.boats.building and alt.sailing are

good
but there is also a need for a general boating forum where one does not

have
to wade through all of the political crap and in-fighting posted here.

can't figure out why people insist on doing this...but they do! So how

is
new news group formed? To bad we can't make this one moderated to

limit
the
content to boating related topics.
Quinton

Looks like you gotta jump through a lot of hoops. But if they can get

all
those binary porno groups we could get another boating group. Maybe
rec.boating?

Those binary porno groups are in alt.*, not rec.*. It's free form over
there and much easier to get a group started.

Steve