Lee Yeaton

Default Starting a new newsgroup?

"QLW" wrote in message
It's plainly obvious that this newsgroup has become almost useless as a
boating forum. Rec.cruising, rec.boats.building and alt.sailing are good
but there is also a need for a general boating forum where one does not

have
to wade through all of the political crap and in-fighting posted here. I
can't figure out why people insist on doing this...but they do! So how is

new news group formed? To bad we can't make this one moderated to limit

the
content to boating related topics.
Quinton

I know I'll get slammed for this but.....

Why don't we just start a new group ourselves. Instead of doing it on
Usenet we could do it on the Internet.

I can get some free server space for a year and I'll buy the domain name,
it's $20.00 so it's not a lot of money. I also know where to get free
message board software. You can see the software on my other site
chesapeakeforums.com. All we would need is a list of topics and some people
to donate their time to moderate.

Think of it like a boatered but not moderated by a business owner, but
moderated by us. If a moderator gets out of line we can vote him off. The
group would have control, not just one person.

I am sure I left out a bunch of details but I think this is doable if we can
get the people to donate some time and to participate.

Ok, let me have it......

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.thebayguide.com