Billgran

wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:35:41 GMT, "Billgran"
wrote:

Followed by
Pennzoil 10W-30, Sierra, and Merc lubes.

Thanks for the encouragement Bill. I have been using Penzoil on my
2002 60 merc 4s when I don't use the real merc oil. I do change it at
100 hrs, which is about every 3 months for me. 1100 hours and still
running great. I was finding the merc oil was showing a lower oil
pressure around 75 hours then I switched to the Penzoil. It seems
better.

In the article it mentions that Merc recommended their stern drive 25-40 oil
if the temps were above 80 degrees. Suzuki recommended a 20W-50 in hot
weather.

At 212 degrees (100 C), the Merc oil had a slightly higher viscosity than
Pennzoil did, but both were still within specs, so I am surprised that you
had higher oil pressure with Pennzoil.

Bill Grannis
service manager