Mike

Apr 12, 6:02 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:02:41 GMT
Subject: Cleaning canvas/isenglass in a washing machine?

I'm thinking of bringing my canvas (some has isenglass windows) down
to the local laundromat, and washing them with a very mild detergent
in a large commercial washing machine on the gentle cycle

ARRRGGGHH! No, please don't do that, you'll be trashing some expensive
stuff-the isenglass won't put up with it.
Go to the SUNBRELLA web site, they offer a very good method (it
involves Ivory soap flakes and a brush for the canvas), I found
Scotchguard works well to re water proof, use a good vinyl cleaner for
the isenglass. Don't use Windex etc, the alcohol will damage the vinyl.
Be gentle!
Best wishes
Mike