jps

In article , rc620
@hotmail.com says...
I'm thinking of bringing my canvas (some has isenglass windows) down
to the local laundromat, and washing them with a very mild detergent
in a large commercial washing machine on the gentle cycle.

Don't think your vinyl windows would appreciate this. You'd probably be
better off laying them on the dock or your driveway with some towels
under the windows for protection.

Start by cleaning the isinglass (which is really vinyl) with either
plexus, or the Novus products if they're scratched, while the canvas
pieces are laying flat. Then use a mild soap and water mixture for the
canvas with a not too stiff brush. Turn over, do again and rinse well.

Re waterproof when dry.

I've done this a few times with very good results.

jps