Charlie

I went, I tried on and I bought! A Palm SideWinder cag (I know it was
expensive, but it fitted so well!), a Palm RiverTec BA (Again, cost quite a
bit but fitted really well, I found that the ladies version didn't fit well,
although it had my chest size on it, it was just too tight, even over just a
thin jumper) and a Nookie Delta shock deck. I left the paddle for now, I'll
be borrowing club kit still for a while! I'm all kitted out!

Charlie.

"Charlie" wrote in message
I'm going off to buy most of my kit next week (at Eddy Lines if you live

in
the Welsh sticks like me!) and was after some recommendations. Basically

need:

A cag (I'm thinking semi dry, I don't like being wet, and I fall in alot!)

A buoyancy aid (How much buoyancy should I get? Should I go for one with

harness? Is it a case of the more you spend, the more change it will have
of saving your life?)

A paddle (I've been borrowing the clubs basic ones. What feather should I
get if I want to do basic whitewater and basic surf? Also, does my height
affect the length of the shaft? I'm 5ft tall!)

A deck (First neoprene! I've seen one with a yellow knee strap, is this a
good idea? Or should I go for the pyrahna one to match my boat? If I've
got an I:3 221 so I need a keyhole deck?)

A helmet (I like the Yak one, this is what loads of the guys I paddle with
use, and it fits me well. Anyone know a site with the price better than
£35?)

I think that's it! Yell if I've left anything out. I'm looking for

general
advise about purchasing, but also if there are any ladies out there with

kit
that they think works really well for them, could they post too?
Pleeeeeeeeease? I find some of the men's kit really uncomfortable,
especially the buoyancy aids!

Charlie.

--
Kallistos: Contemporary Jewellery Design
http://www.kallistos.co.uk