John H

Default Docking Simulator

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:08:15 GMT, otnmbrd
wrote:

John H wrote:

Very cool. I wish it would emulate the swing to port done by the stern
when the I/O is put into reverse. That little quirk gets me into
trouble more than any other, I think.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

G So many people think of "prop walk", or that "swing to port" as
their enemy and sometimes it is, but it can be made to work FOR you,
just as often if not more so.

otn

So true. Actually I finally did learn how to use it, especially in
tight situations. I was thinking of telling my son-in-law about the
site, and that was just one of the things that would make it a little
more realistic.

You made a very valid point, though. It took me a while before I could
say something other than, "Oh ****" whenever I went into reverse.