Steve Barker

Default Test Drive Advice...

All v-hulls wander to some degree at that speed. I certainly wouldn't judge
a boat solely on that little item.

--
Steve (here to have fun) Barker

=======================
Remove the not dot from my address to abuse my email box
"alincoln" wrote in message
om...

snip
BE DAMNED SURE YOU RUN THE BOAT AT NO WAKE SPEED FOR AT LEAST 10
MINUTES WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING IT TO SEE HOW BAD IT WANDERS ALL OVER
THE PLACE WITH YOU DESPARATELY TRYING TO HOLD IT ON COURSE!!......See
why? Some really NICE boats just SUCK in a no-wake zone as you fight
the wheel against "Stern Drive Wander" running the wheel back and
forth and back and forth.....WILL IT STEER FAIRLY STRAIGHT IN A NO
WAKE ZONE? If not.....RUN!

Larry W4CSC

/snip

Larry et al,

Thanks a bunch. This was just the thing I needed to see/hear. I
would never have considered running a boat at NO WAKE speed...I would
have blindly run it at normal to above normal speed in an effort to
test the top end. No one ever thinks to test the bottom end...

The other thing I want to test is the ride in choppy waters...I'm test
driving a Larson on Sat...Just hope the rain holds off and there's a
little shop on the water...

adym