Don White

Default Beginner

As one who bought a boat first...waited a few years and then started my
Power Squadron courses, I recommend the opposite. Do the courses first...
at least the 'Boating Course' and then think about sailing the high seas.
It would be great if you had a knowledgeable boating friend to come along on
your first few sails.

Ishrat Zahid wrote in message
Hi all:

I'm new to the group. Just wondering if this the right forum to rais
this question?
I want to get started with boats, ('ve never done that), want to find
out a cheaper way to start/try
out. Any clubs who would rent boats for members in northeast US (NH,
MA)? Any other tips/things
I should know? Thanks for spending few minutes of yours on me!

/I