Capt. NealŪ

"captkeywest" wrote in message oups.com...
Peggie Hall wrote:
I really did think you planned to do that.

I have NEVER had or REMOTELY EXPRESSED that intention. The truth is I
have NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to own ANY business in the Keys. The Cost of
Living has crippled the local workforce. I shun the concept of being
an employer in the Keys, been there done that.

There's certainly nothing wrong with running a mobile pumpout
service...they can be very profitable in heavily populated ND waters.

Agree with nothing wrong with running mobile pumpout service.

I don't think the Keys fit the definition of heavily populated to that
extent: AFAIK (As Far As I Know) there are two pumpout boats in the
Keys, one in Key West and one in Marathon, both are run by
municipalities. Its been a more than a year probably closer to two or
three since my last conversation with one of the city marina managers
on pumpout issues. The complaint then, was yes; the Grant money helps
pay for the _equipment_. (The City owns its own marina but a private
individual would also be burdened with slip rent) . In the revenue vs
expense arena the expense of staffing the pumpout vessel, Even ONE
fulltime operator working 40 hrs exceeds the revenue. It was the marina
managers assertion that Grants should be available to help STAFF the
service!

snipped some

Good to see somebody else pointing out how clueless Peggie Hall is.

She's been too long sitting on her ass satisfied with mother-henning all
the mindless drones here who worship her outdated understanding of
clean water in places other than her pathetic little lake.

A tip of the full-to-the-brim cedar bucket to ya!

CN