Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:05:35 -0400, "Me Again" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

Is it possible an additive or a synthetic oil could improve the lubrication
properties of oil?

I didn't believe it, but it does.

I used TCW-3 spec Pennzoil on my Ranger (which, according to the
warranty specs is all that is required) and the plugs carboned up like
you wouldn't believe. The first year I owned it, I had a decrease in
performance due to carboned plugs. When I pulled them just to check,
I was blowen away by the sheer amount of carbon.

I switched to FICHT oil and problem solved.

So the evidence is yes, there are additives in FICHT oil and I assume
other manufacturer's oil, that are specific to their machine's
requirements.

Later,

Tom