Larry

Default Test Drive Advice...

Hi, Wally. Thought I'd come back to watch the floggins for a little
while. I'm back from Florida. Sailed a great Amel Sharpi back, 3
weeks ago. Fantastic cruising ketch. Handled 15' swells very well in
some squalls we ran into. We all felt very secure in such a DEEP
cockpit under the hardtop and windscreen. Sure was nice not having
all that bimini canvas flapping away in the storms. Draw a rhumbline
from Titusville to Charleston. There's sure no shortage of
bottlenosed dolphins and flying fish...(c;

I was sitting in the cockpit just off helm watch when a flying fish
flew straight into David's belly at the helm. This was about midnight
and I thought he was going to jump into the cabin...(c; God the fish
smell is hard to get out of anything they touch....PU! Nice catch,
pan sized about 14" long. Pretty blue, too! Too bad Rainbow Trout
don't have wings...hee hee.

Boat pulled up to the dock after 3 weeks in the boatyard doing mods
and maintenance for its new owner, my buddy Geoff. I think I got a
hint on the cellphone when he called me and told me he was pulling up
to its dock, wanting me to come down to start installing all the new
electronic toys and pull wires. It's got 2 new AC units so the
working will be much more pleasurable this summer. He had the yard
remove the diesel heater. It's 94F outside!

Thanks for your comment....Nice to see you, again, too.

Ok, back to the floggings....

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:39:19 -0400, WaIIy
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:07:25 GMT, (Larry) wrote:

Larry W4CSC

Good to see you.

73 de Larry W4CharlestonSC
RF radiation hazards since 1957...