Mike G

In article , Paul Schilter
""paulschilter\"@comcast dot net" says...
Mike G
I served on the USS Tripoli LPH-10, a helicopter carrier. It was about
600 feet long. Had just one engine. One time off the California coast we
floated for about 12 hours while they worked on it. This was a brand new
ship, I was part of the commissioning. This was around 1966. Perhaps
that's why it's now mothballed.
Paul

Mike G wrote:

There is a reason why the USN likes to buy it's jets with two engines.

LOL, Did my time,also in "66" as a Bosuns mate on an APA that was
commissioned in 1942. We spent a lot of time drifting around.

However, that's a ship with lots of snipes to fix such things, not a jet
with no way to fix things if the engine flames out a long way from home.

Take care

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods