Jere Lull

In article . com,
"beaufortnc" wrote:

Hi all,

Just got a 4 stroke outboard, and passing the break in period. I
almost wish for a 2 stroke now that I'm facing the oil change. Not
that it's that difficult, but it does pose a logistical challenge.

The most logical way to change the oil would be to lift the whole boat
out of the water with davits (don't have a trailer) - and changing the
oil while the motor is hanging.

Does anyone have a good method for accomplishing this?

Mike.

How big IS this outboard? On our little outboard, we just pick it up and
put it over something. If it were really bigger, we'd expect to suck the
oil out of the sump through the dipstick as we do with the inboard
diesel.

--
Jere Lull