Stuart

Default Outboard help

First of all I know nothing about outboards!

I have the following Suzuki "9" two stroke outboard motor that has been in
my garage for the past 10 years
http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/misc/ob1.jpg and have now decided to get
rid of it.

I have stuck the prop in a dustbin full of water added some 40:1 into the
tank and fired it up, amazingly it started first time!

The engine seems to run very well however I am unsure as to the drive
(gears) their is this little rusted lever on the side
http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/misc/ob2.jpg that seems to change
between neutral forward and reverse. Unfortunately when the engine is
running it just seems to engage or disengage when ever it feels like it.

So to my questions. Does this motor have a name, type, model etc?
Is a 40:1 mix acceptable?
Is their something missing for keeping it in drive (or indeed in neutral) or
is this a fault? If it is a fault is it easily fixed
What might it be worth and where should i try and sell it?