Gerald

Soooo, if a group of guys got together and formed a loose confederation of
propeller-headed geeks, couldn't they share the cost of the Manufacturer
ID, and other costs except for Product Cost: Each propeller-head could pick
up their own producid ID cost. This would certainly reduce the cost of
entry for the little guy. Anyone seen the contracts?

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in message
I can;t recall what the exact amount is, but it pretty much forces any
would-be
small scale developer out of the market. I seem to recall it is around

$2500
but
I'm not sure. I gave up on it a long time ago.

To get your first product going, it costs $10,500. This includes
manufacturer ID, product ID, manual costs, approval costs, test suite etc.

Meindert