marika

Michael wrote:

I am not aware of any production boat that was built with the

bearings
you suggest.

This all sounds very fascinating. I wish I had time to acquire this
information formally, but that, alas, is not within my ability. The
project I am working on demands so much of my time. I do
occasionallly wonder if acquisition of formal certifications in such a
field might make my opinion a little more respectable. but that is
alli can muster right now, an
anecdotal opinion that cannot be backed up otherwise.

I though such beasts do exist for rudders..

o, probably only one of dozens.

I doubt that anyone has ever purchased a boat having everthing they
want - unless it is custom built and designed for them. Buying a

boat
for most of us is a compromise...overall you may like the boat and
many aspects of it. For example a lead vs cast iron keel. Or a

spade
rudder verses transom rudder, etc, etc.....

BTW one point in favor out outboard rudders is the strength &

simplicity
of this configuration.

Or a keel hung rudder....

thanks for the info. If I have time and inclination, I will continue
researching what you have provided.

mk5000

"THe happy couple was in full public display of their affection,
lovingly kissing in their seats for a full ten minutes before the
curtain went up"--a representative