rhys

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:10:12 GMT, (Remco Moedt)
wrote:

So, with other words, the only thing what matters is the amount of
money on your bankaccount?

Hardly. You need enough to maintain the boat and buy spares, diesel,
food, beverages and fees. That can vary enormously from place to place
and depending on whether you want to sail and drop anchor (or tie up)
for months at a time, or do more passagemaking. Passagemaking is
cheaper in the short run, because you can't spend money, but that's
how gear and sails get used up.

I figure if the boat's paid for, $20K-$25K/year would allow one to
live pretty well in the non-Tahiti parts of the South Pacific and a
fair number of places that weren't New York City or Northern Europe.

But then my needs are simple and my skills are portable. YMMV.

R.