John H

On 6 Apr 2005 04:52:22 -0700, "basskisser" wrote:

John H wrote:
On 5 Apr 2005 12:51:39 -0700, "basskisser"

wrote:

I can filter based on the author, the author's address, or the

subject (or
variations thereof). I *can't* filter based on content of the

message. How do
you do that, and what news reader are you doing it with?

Where did I say that you could filter on content, John? I can, however
filter any and all messages with a reply from any author.

You said, "First, let's take the dump bin first. Usually you can configure it to
weed out ANY post of mine, or of someone elses (sic) that contains my post.
Apparently
you don't know that."

So my question had to do with how you could filter 'someone elses (sic) post
that contains my [basskisser's] post. If you filtered someone else's post simply
because it 'contained' a quote from another person, you would be filtering on
message content, no?

I'd think that if someone were simply trying NOT to read posts and
replies from certain people, then he'd not bother replying TO that
person. Doesn't make sense. The fact is, that Fritz stalks me here.
Take a look. You can't find one single thread where I've replied to, or
posted to, that Fritz didn't immediately jump into. It's simple. He's
enamored with me, just like to weird Hollywood type stalkers. I wish
he'd grow up and post something of relevence.

Do you not see yourself replying to almost all of Fritz's posts?
--
John H